Call for artists
Since 2002 Art Basel Miami Beach, and other 18 collateral art fairs presenting more than a thousand art galleries from around the world, have drawn scores of art lovers and collectors to Miami, which is getting closer to become a real “art scene”. Is in this auspicious context that the 1st Miami Contemporary Small Format Exhibition will take place, hosted by Cowry Art Studio, (in downtown North Miami, 3 blocks from the Museum of Contemporary Art), and slated to be opening during the last week of March 2020.
- This call is open to all emerging, mid-career, and established artists, over 18 years old, residing in the USA, and working within any style, media or concept of art; being the highest standard of virtuosity, and creativity the main curatorial criterion to be applied when selecting the artworks. The call will be open for submissions from January 6th to February 16th, 2020 and the exhibition will be curated by artist and critic Rafael López-Ramos, and artist Natasha Perdomo.
- Only bi-dimensional works will be accepted (Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Photography, Collage, Mixed media), which should be no larger than 14 inches on any of its sides (also applying to diptychs), had been created during the last 3 years, and not previously exhibited in the Greater Miami Area.
- Each artist may submit up to 5 artworks, with a $25.00 non-refundable entry fee for the first image and $5.00 for each additional image. Payable by Paypal or credit card. Deadline for submissions is February 16th, 2020.
- Submissions and payments are to be made by uploading high resolution digital images (one per proposed work), but not bigger than 2 MB each, through this page. Please name each file image with a number and prepare a text file listing all your artworks data in the following order: 1- Artist Name, Artwork Title, Year of creation, Media, Measurements.
- Artists whose works were selected for exhibition will be notified by email with enough time to prepare them for shipping or make delivery arrangements prior to the exhibit date. The final results and list of exhibitors will be announced by February 19th, 2020.
- When received each selected artworks must match the image submitted by the artist, otherwise the entry will be disqualified and excluded from the show. No substitutions accepted.
- Selected artworks must be sent framed and ready to hang. Works on canvas can be just stretched and stapled on the back. For works on paper that requires glass protection please use plexiglas instead to minimize the risk of damage, which would be full responsibility of the artist. The frame must not exceed the artwork size more than 1 inch, so please avoid the use of mats.
- All shipments must include a prepaid UPS, FEDEX or US Postal Service return label (USPS stamps will not be accepted) and should be properly bubble wrap protected, and shipped in a container suitable to re-use for return shipping. A fresh corrugated cardboard box will be good.
- All exhibited artworks will be posted in a dedicated page of our website, with a short bio and personal photo of each artist. The event and participant artists is also expected to receive ample coverage in social media, local magazines and news outlets.
- A 30% commission will be charged on all exhibition sales -70% share for the artist, will be provided within 30 days after the exhibit concludes and receipt of full payment from buyer. Payments will be made preferably by Paypal, or Bank transfer, check, etc if necessary.
- For any questions or further clarification please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cowry Art Studio, have been inserted into the Miami Art Scene since 2006. Since then, have been participating in several Art Shows, Events and Art Fairs. Here a short time lapse of our Journey.
Thanks to the artists who submitted their amazing Artworks to the 1st Miami Contemporary Small Format Art Exhibition, Call for artists. The response has been overwhelming. The curatorial selection process is done. Artists whose works were selected for exhibition are notified by email in order to have enough time to prepare them for shipping or make delivery arrangements prior to the exhibit date. The final results and list of exhibitors will be announced soon.
*From Feb to March: COWRY Art Studio will be working on the Process of Curating & Laying out the 1st Miami Contemporary Small Format Art Exhibition, Final Curatorial Selection and Studio/Gallery Preparation.
-March / April, 2020, 1st Miami Contemporary Small Format Art Exhibition. Final Curatorial selection for a Group Art Show.
36 Artists have been selected to participate in the 1st Miami Contemporary Small Format Art Exhibition. Stay Tuned for more info in the next couple of days